What is the Photography DTS about?
Are you desiring to use your gifts in photography and be discipled in all that God has for you?? Perhaps grow more in the skills of photography and use them to bless the nations. Do you wish to use art for a higher purpose? God placed this longing in you. It’s time that you start living in it.
Photography is about conveying truth and bringing to light stories that need to be told. It is these stories that motivate and form our society for change.
Ultimately its about you and your relationship with God. The Photography DTS is not intended to dramatically increase your technical skill (although you will certainly gain valuable training and experience while you are here). The intention of the DTS, first and foremost, is to help you learn to use your existing talent in photography and to celebrate God and His creation.
The next YWAM York photography DTS starts September 2014. While one of the purposes of the DTS is to grow in your relationship with and understanding of God; we have a high value on the reality that God has blessed us in order that we can be a blessing to others (Genesis 12). Our DTS will spiritually and practically prepare you to see the nations transformed by the love of God through the eye of the lens.
What you will learn on your DTS
- To GATHER and CHALLENGE you for worship, listen and obey God, releasing you to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God’s heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
- You will be INSPIRED and CULTIVATE growth in your relationship with God resulting in Christ-like character, which is based on solid Biblical foundations. The work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of Biblical truth, especially concerning God’s character, the Cross and empowering Grace.
- SHARPEN your ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
- To be EQUIPPED and to serve God’s purpose either in or outside of YWAM ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor, and to influence all areas of society.
- To IMPART the vision and foundational values of YWAM as well as that of YWAM York and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.
DTS is a full-time, residential training course The DTS emphasizes cross-cultural exposure and global awareness, preparing students to answer the call to “Go into all the world and make disciples of all nations” Matthew 28:19.
Our Lecture phase incorporates a learn then apply lifestyle. After each week of lecture you will be involved in working in the community with opportunties to practice what you were taught.We have a variety of national and international speakers who speak on our DTS. Topics can include:
- Hearing Gods Voice
- Character and Nature of God
- Father Heart of God
- Holy Spirit
- Jesus and the cross
- World view
In YWAM York we are excited about the new ministry opportunities ahead this year. We have recently purchased a property to create a community centre in one of York’s urban neighbourhoods. We will be starting new ministries to meet the needs of the local people while continuing to partner with local churches and other ministries.
We have a fantastic relationship with the local churches and charities in York. Local outreach could include homeless ministry, youth and children’s work, work in local primary and high schools, the elderly, ministry to night clubbers or practical projects for disadvantaged families.
You will also have opportunities to visit other cities and YWAM teams across the UK, to be part of what God is doing in this nation through YWAM in your DTS.
YWAM York trains you for a purpose in sharing the love of Jesus all over the world, particularly among those people where He is least known.
You may come to your DTS with a particular sense of calling to a place, a people, or an area of service, or you may discover that calling during your training. Either way, we will help to equip you and get you to the place where you can use your gifts to bring change.
YWAM Yorks international focus is Central Europe. We recognise our continent is in desperate need of people who are willing to go and make “God known.” We want to see individuals and communities transformed by the love of God. As a YWAM school we are focusing on Central Europe. It is our desire to see the nations grow and develop into all that God has for them. We believe that bringing to light these dark areas in the continent will transform lives and change the spiritual dynamics in central Europe.